Problems of our own making…no problem for God!

My husband, Brad, was speaking at a church recently. Part of his message included the statement: When you understand who God really is you realize you don’t have problems, you just have opportunities to see God work. During the Q & A time a woman asked, “What if the problems you have are due to your own bad choices?” The pain in her voice revealed the personal significance of the question.

Brad’s response is a great encouragement to us all:

Most of the problems we encounter are of our own making! Some problems are due to outside forces, but 90% are a result of our own poor choices and sin. God is not restricted to the other 10%! EVERY problem is an opportunity to see Him work through His power, faithfulness, mercy, presence, holiness and love!

Our bad choices, selfish actions and sin stained behavior do have consequences, but God is bigger than the consequences. He is still in control, even when we make a bad decision. He is powerful enough to cause all things (even our sin) to work together for good. The Bible is quick to point out that this is not an excuse to sin. Only a warped mind would twist this miraculous truth and use it as an excuse to immerse ones self in sinful behavior. Unfortunately, our world is full of warped minds!

Run from sin, dear friends, but when you do stumble and the consequences of your actions threaten to overwhelm you, run to the only One who can turn your problems into opportunities for inexpressible joy, unimaginable peace and unconditional love.

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you now belong to Him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death… And we know that God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. Romans 8:1-2, 28 NLT

2 thoughts on “Problems of our own making…no problem for God!

  1. Kathy Bright Post author

    Absolutely! There is no problem too big for God! What a great comfort!

Comments are closed.